The Gondwana Biodiesel Refining Company will produce some 24 million litres of high quality biodiesel per annum, which will be supplied to the petroleum diesel industry as part of the national 2% blending strategy to be implemented on 1 October 2015. The technology used in the production facility will be of the highest standard and quality, minimising pollution and waste products and taking into consideration environmental and safety concerns. All by-products will be utilised in various industries.
The fully Turnkey & Compliant Biodiesel Production Plant will not only be producing “SANS 1935:2004” certified Biodiesel, but will also be conforming to all regulations both locally and abroad (ASTM & EN Specifications & Standards).
• South African National Standard, Automotive, SANS 1935:2004.
• Regulations regarding Petroleum Product Specifications and Standards
promulgated in Government Notice – Nr. 627 of 23 June 2006.
• Petroleum Act, 1977 (Act No. 120 of 1977).
• EN 14214– Certification / Standards.
• EN ISO* / IEC* / CPU* /ASTM D – Certification / Standards.
Image showing the multiple feedstocks that can be used to make biofuel